Sarah has led the organization in the implementation of impact investing and the development of an ambitious strategic plan that will grow the organization and it support of the work of the Church across Canada. Sarah began her work in the charitable sector as a fundraiser and has worked for various health charities in addition to the Foundation. She has experience in all facets of governance as well as in granting and fundraising portfolios and is committed to ensuring that the Foundation’s values are incorporated into all of the Foundation’s work including investing.
All Sessions by Sarah ChartersSee Full Agenda
Day 1: May 3, 2023
CIO & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR PANEL SESSION
Develop Successful Hedging Strategies against Inflation
Investment officers are developing policies and objectives ahead of new inflationary pressures. Better forecast your inflationary cycles to drive effective investment decisions. Source practical tips to:
- Engage with stakeholders to discuss your options
- Effectively manage the returns on your current and future asset classes
- Diversify our portfolio base including real estate, infrastructure and farms for effective inflation hedging returns
Employ new strategies to protect your investments and mitigate risks.
11:30 amTRACK 2
Challenging existing thinking for investment committees: New approaches to member on-boarding
Among their multiple challenges, investment committees will be reviewing their membership composition for effective decision making. Improve your governance and policy objectives with new approaches to committee recruitment. Develop a blueprint to:
- Establish a balanced committee
- Rotate membership to introduce new strategies
- Choose and recruit new members for effective decision-making
Transform your member recruitment approaches for successful investment decisions.
Day 2: May 4, 2023