Dave Lowery has worked in a variety of roles within the finance industry in a career spanning more than 20 years. Dave gained experience as a multi-asset portfolio manager for UHNW private clients, as well as insurance companies and pension funds. He also worked as an equity analyst on both the buy-side and sell-side, has managed real estate portfolios and has covered geographies around the world, often appearing on CNBC Squawk Box and Bloomberg TV. More recently, Dave has worked for HM Treasury in its Infrastructure UK division, led Asia Pacific and alternative real estate research at AXA IM – Real Assets and set up a Strategy Research function at NTT Global Data Centers, the world’s third largest data centre operator.
All Sessions by David LowerySee Full Agenda
Day 1: Dec 2, 2020
Day 2: Dec 3, 2020
Navigate Through Risk with Passive and Active Approaches to Investment
Indexed funds have suffered big losses through the recent market rout, yet so too have many active investment strategies. How investors should respond in the short and long term, can vary depending on many factors. Build your blueprint to:
- What does the data show on market and hedge fund contributions and returns
- Use the current volatility to map your hedging strategies
- Gauge the market decline based on various scenarios – and how to react to it
- Is passive still viable and should you stay the course
- Are active ETFs performing betterbetter than Active Management? THAN WHAT?
- Find a balance that can reduce risk yet not sacrifice returns
Create new opportunities to negotiate the market risks through passive and active approaches